Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Introduction


After having read many books, listened to many lectures, debates and documentaries on Bible criticism, I have been frustrated by the lack of a plain and simple detailed discussion of the problems within the Bible. Apologists and historians both appear to me to have clouded issues that are not all that complicated. Others paint with too broad a brush and do not go into detail, verse by verse. So, I will begin with the book of Genesis and work my way through as I am able, ennumerating things that have struck me as relevant which are rarely mentioned in typical Bible studies. For the sake of ease, I will use Bishop Ussher's chronology, which is typically accepted by many fundamentalists. I don't think that is unreasonable because a plain reading of the Bible will give you dates near or about what he assumed from calculating years mentioned in the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment