Friday, September 20, 2019

Good Omens ate my brain.

Hi guys. I'm still working on the Esther and Herodotus study, but I thought I would take the time to recommend the newish mini series Good Omens, which can be seen on Amazon Prime. If you don't have Prime, you can sign up for a free month, then cancel. I'm not promoting Amazon, just the show.

Good Omens is based on a book by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. It is about an angel and a demon who live and work on earth, becoming quite human and forming a bond between them. Together with four children (one of whom is the antichrist), a witch, two witchfinders, and a retired Jezebel, the angel and the demon try to avert god's divine plan. They come up against the four motorcycle persons of the apocolypse and must figure out how to stop armaggedon from happening.  It's sweet, funny, and definitely blasphemous.

I absolutely adore this show. I've actually watched it all the way through 5 times now! It's got everything I love in television/movie watching, It's visually interesting, has good music, a great cast, and the story is lovely and very amusingly British. It is also very quotable. I'm seriously addicted to looking at Michael Sheen and David Tennant look at each other.

Go watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment