Thursday, June 2, 2016

Becoming the Best You

I recently told some online atheist friends that I was getting tired of reading and researching about atheism and was ready to move on to the business of living my life without a god. (I intend to continue working on this blog.) One friend suggested I consider what it meant to achieve "self-actualization." I was intrigued and asked for some practical suggestions. So, taking what she gave me, and what I have come up with by exploring the topic, I created a list that I call Becoming the Best You. Now I have it hanging on my frig. You don't have to be an atheist to take life principles like these to heart.

Becoming the Best You

1. Level up in something you already do.
2. Learn more through self education and trying new things.
3. Expand the ways you express yourself through communication.
4. Expand the ways you express yourself through creativity.
5. Expand the ways you express yourself through kindness and generosity.
6. Expand your understanding of, and regard for, nature and humanity
7. Form new healthy habits.
8. Work to do well the things you choose to do.
9. Be of useful service to those in need.
10. Encourage others to become their best selves.

Many websites that talk about self actualization have lists of things not to do. I've never found that kind of thing helpful. That is why I only included positive statements in my list. They are general enough so that anyone can apply them to their own life in the way that has the most meaning to them.

Edited

No comments:

Post a Comment