Wednesday, July 6, 2016

One year anniversary of this blog!

Hello,

If you are reading this, I thank you for visiting. Today marks one year since I started commenting on the bible, book by book, chapter by chapter. I think I can honestly say that  I've learned more about the bible in the last year than in my previous 35 (or more) years as a Christian. I truly hadn't realized how wierd it is, and how horribly bloodthirsty. And so far, I've only completely covered seven out of the 66 books!

To date, I've written 288 posts. Some have been slightly reworked. Many have been edited for grammar, spelling, and content errors. I've purposely tried to keep things as simple as possible.  Each regular chapter commentary took about an hour to an hour and a half to write. Much of it seemed to write itself. The bible has a lot of wacky content to comment on.  If I had a question about the history or meaning behind a word or topic, I figured other people would too. Those are the things linked in the text. There are so many ways to dig deeper, but I wanted to keep moving, to prevent my own boredom as well as yours.

Speaking of you, my visitors have come from over 15 countries around the world. The bulk of the readers are from the U.S.   I have at least two regular readers there. Europe is second in volume of visits. Lately, I've had at least one regular from France. I also get readers from Romania, Germany, and the U.K. For a while, I had a lot of visitors from Russia and a few from Australia. Mexico has joined in recently. I don't know any of you personally, but I thank you any way. You make me feel like it is worth the effort. Plus, it helps to know I'm not only talking to myself.

If you can, I would greatly appreciate it if you would share this site with anyone you think might be interested, especially on some form of social media. I am not free to do much of that myself. Right now I need to remain as anonymous as possible. That is why this blog has very few bells and whistles.

I have been an atheist for about 2 1/2 years now.  I am happy to be free from the feelings of guilt and the need to live up to impossible standards. My self esteem has never been better, but I am still basically the same person  with the same personal values I had before. I'm just a lot more accepting of others and a lot less judgemental. This blog has made me so aware of how impossible the bible is that it is hard to keep my mouth shut when I sit in bible classes week after week, out of necessity. Some day that may change. For now, I will continue doing this. Hopefully someone out there will benefit.

Sincerely,
The Reader


No comments:

Post a Comment