Sunday, April 16, 2017

Celebrate life.

Even though I am not a believer, I enjoy Easter Sundays. Not the mandatory gruesome story of unneccessary torture, but the celebration of life. The sun is out. The windows are open. Everything is greening up and warming up. Children are laughing and anticipating fun and sugar highs. I know, I'm lucky to be living in this place and this time, even if things can't always be the way I want them to be.

Maybe things aren't quite so rosy for you. I wish I could dispense good feelings like chocolate. I have experienced harder and more painful times, but I always appreciated just  being alive. Maybe I'm wired that way.

Stop what you are doing. Take a moment to look around and find something beautiful, anything,  even a flowering weed or the color of your own eyes. Watch an ant crawl across a sidewalk. Feel yourself breathing. Find your pulse. You are alive right now. Celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment